- Four gunmen have shot 11 police officers – killing five – and may have planted bombs ‘all over’ downtown Dallas
- Gunfire broke out as protesters marched across America against the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile
- Snipers fired from ‘elevated positions’, picking off officers ‘ambush style’ during the protest over police brutality
- Gruesome footage shows a cop being shot execution-style by one of the gunmen as they rampaged through city
- Three shooters are in custody and the fourth has reportedly shot himself after warning ‘the end is coming’
- Officers found a suspicious package near where one of the gunmen was caught and a bomb squad are on the scene
- Two people are being questioned after being caught speeding away from the scene in a black Mercedes
- Police released a picture of a man carrying what appears to be an assault rifle and he has turned himself in
- Mark Hughes has now been released from custody and said in an interview ‘I could easily have been shot’
- Horrifying footage shows protesters chanting ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ before suddenly scattering as shots are fired
By SARAH DEAN and OLLIE GILLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 21:21 EST, 7 July 2016 | UPDATED: 05:15 EST, 8 July 2016
Four gunmen have shot 11 police officers – killing at least five – in a Black Lives Matter protest in downtown Dallas described by President Obama as a ‘vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement’.
One of the police officers killed in the attack has been identified as 43-year-old Dart Officer Brent Thompson.
The shooters opened fire from ‘elevated positions’ in a coordinated attack, picking off officers ‘ambush style’ as they manned a protest over the deaths of two black men – Philando Castile in Minnesota and Alton Sterling in Louisiana, police chief David Brown said.
Three of the gunmen are in custody. A fourth man, who was engaged in a shootout with police from a parking garage at El Centro College, has reportedly killed himself with a shot to the head, Fox 4 TV Dallas reports. The gunman told officers bombs have been planted across Dallas and that ‘the end is coming’.
Source: Four gunmen shoot 11 police officers – killing at least five – and ‘leave bombs all over the place’ during Dallas protests over police shooting deaths of black men Alton Sterling and Philando Castile | Daily Mail Online